-->

Thursday 21 June 2012

Fudge paint box ‘goldfinger’*

FUDGE PAINT BOX GLDFINGERFUDGE PAINT
REVIEW

WHAT I THINK: I normally like to colour my hair every month or so to keep the roots at bay however the ends of my hair normally need refreshing a little more often with a semi permanent dye to keep it looking vibrant & not too yellowy. (to read more about my hair colour & colouring routine, you can here>link) This month I switched my usual semi permanent dye to the  fudge paint box in ‘goldfinger’. My hair is quite porous as it has been bleached to death at the ends, so I normally find that bright semi permanent dyes take quite well, this one being no exception. All in all, the colour is very similar to my usual dye, it’s nice & bright, keeps my hair soft & lasts a good few washes before I had to top it up.

The paint boxes come in a verity of different colours too ranging from various reds & oranges to bright blues & purples & even green. There is also a white/toner colour which (from experience) is always necessary if you bleach your hair! That’s a pretty good colour range if you ask me!

I’d definitely recommend the fudge paint boxes if you are like me & like using semi permanent dyes on your hair quite often/ like top dabble in bright/pastel hair every now & then. It’s easy to apply, the colour lasts quite a while, depending on how often you wash you hair & it keeps your hair feeling really soft!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Do you prefer bright coloured hair or more natural shades?Have you ever tried Fudge paint boxes? What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I've been dying my hair since last September! So far I've been blue and purple, hoping to go orange this weekend. I use Directions but might try this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a few brands so far but Fudge Paint boxes are the best I've found. I've been using "blue velvet" and the colour is so vibrant, sadly it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to but I love the colour so much I don't really mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love this colour! I'm unfortunately not allowing myself near any dye or bleach again! Had to chop off all of my glorious afro because of colour damage :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour - I'm so jealous of your gorgeous hair!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dyed my hair yesterday with the L'oreal paprika powder permanent colour. My hair was dark brown before and it has lightened it so much and I am definitely ginger now. Not at bright as yours but it is getting there. This orange semi-permanent colour may be the next step to the brightness! Ginger is definitely the way forward, I love it!

    http://andreawanstall.tumblr.com/

    http://uncoolstylishme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to use the red paint box to dip dye my long hair, its absolutely easy to use and produce satisfying result, plus it fades nicely to a copper rose color! Then I tried a red to pink ombre which is fun too! My hair is chopped to shoulder length now though, the paint boxs are sitting at the back of the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to use the blue paint box dye, it was really good quality :-) Directions is also brilliant though, and has a vast colour range xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used loads of paintbox colours over the years, I was always happy with the results and how long they lasted (even in my over-bleached hair). These days I use Manic Panic though, I find the colours turn out more the way I expect.
    What lipstick are you wearing here? It's beautiful.
    Betty
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your hair colour
    your outfits are really nice on your blog
    new follower,check out my blog in your spare time =)
    http://www.londongirlchronicles.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete